New Name Emphasizes Company's Shift From Ingredient Sourcing to Production
MISSOULA, Mont., June 1, 2006 Technical Sourcing International (TSI), a leading developer, producer and marketer of nutraceutical ingredients, today announced the company's name change to TSI Health Sciences.
The announcement comes during TSI's 10th anniversary year. The company was founded in 1996 as an ingredient sourcing company, but throughout the last 10 years, has grown to focus primarily on in-house ingredient production.
"The name TSI Health Sciences is more in line with the services we are providing now, and what we will provide in the future," said Larry Kolb, TSI Health Sciences president, U.S. operations. "When we started the company 10 years ago, we focused on sourcing and testing ingredients. Now TSI has evolved to manufacturing the highest quality ingredients available. We learned through our sourcing activities how important it is to control all aspects of production."
TSI Health Sciences, with US operations based in Missoula, Mont., has offices worldwide, including a 60-acre, fully integrated manufacturing, research, quality assurance and quality control campus in Jiangyin, China.
The company employs more than 500 people and also controls two joint venture production facilities located in Yangzhou and Xuzhou, China.
"This change comes at a great time for us," said Kolb. "We have quality systems, facilities and resources in place to ensure our ingredients will be at the forefront of quality and regulatory compliance. We're far ahead of many competitors in terms of cGMP's and we're thrilled to see what that will bring us over the next 10 years."
TSI Health Sciences offers a complete line of botanical and nutraceutical ingredients in additional to several branded ingredients, including:
- PEAK ATP: Patented and produced through a proprietary fermentation process, PEAK ATP delivers intra and extracellular ATP levels to support the improvement of circulation, energy and overall wellbeing.
- Promilin: An extract of fenugreek, which is a patent-pending complex of bioactive amino acids including the amino acid derivative, 4-hydroxyisoleucine (4-OH-Ile). It has glycogen re-synthesis properties, as well helps to enhance insulin sensitivity and improve glucose management.
- PureFlex: Represents premium grade chondroitin sulfate and glucosamines.
- Ostivone: The leading brand ipriflavone, helps maximize bone mineral density and inhibit bone loss.
- Ginkgo 24/6/5: A standardized, premium ginkgo biloba extract.
As part of the company name change, TSI Health Sciences will be re-launching its Web site, www.tsiinc.com, in early summer.
# # #