New York Times bestselling authors David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding are back with Drink This, Not That! (Rodale; Paperback, $19.99), the eighth book in the popular Eat This, Not That! series, which has sold nearly six million copies to date and is available in book stores nationwide.
The bestselling Eat This, Not That! book series has been shocking restaurant goers and supermarket shoppers since its inception with how easy it is to lose 10, 20, 30 pounds or more just by making simple food swaps--but now the series' creators return with the ultimate, no-diet playbook for hundreds of healthy beverage options, Drink This, Not That!
According to new research released yesterday by LouisianaStateUniversityHealthSciencesCenter, overweight people with high blood pressure who drank one less sugar-laden beverage a day significantly lowered their blood pressure over 18 months.
And a study at JohnsHopkinsUniversity found that people who cut liquid calories from their diets lose more weight--and keep it off longer--than people who cut food calories. With liquid calories now accounting for 21% of American's daily calorie intake--more than 400 calories every day and more than twice as much as we drank 30 years ago--Drink This, Not That! is the authority when it comes to making simple beverage swaps for consumers looking to lose weight, strip away belly fat, and sculpt a leaner, fitter body.
Are You Serious?!
· At Cold Stone Creamery, the PB&C shake will cost you 2,010 calories (the equivalent of 30 Chewy Chips Ahoy Cookies), but you can avoid this gut-bomb with the Sinless Oh Fudge Shake, at just 490 calories.
· Choose Glaceau Vitamin Water 10 Revitalize Green Tea over Arizona RX Energy and save over 300 calories!
· Prepare sangria at home with the book's easy-to-follow recipe (only 180 calories!) and avoid a 484-calorie blunder next time you skip Applebee's Red Apple Sangria.
· A White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks has more than 100 times as many calories as their regular coffee!
· One bottle of Sunkist orange drink has more sugar than four packs of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!
Drink This, Not That! teaches readers how to pick the right juices and bottled drinks at the supermarket, identify high-quality wines, whip up first-class smoothies and healthy cocktails at home, and navigate any beverage menu in America. Readers will:
· Discover the Anatomy of America's Most Popular Beverages: The FDA has approved 3,000 food additives, and no doubt more than a few of them are floating around in your favorite beverage. Find out the secret (and not-so-secret) formulas of the drinks Americans love most
· Sculpt the Body Without Ever Dieting: Strip away calories and fat--up to 23 pounds this year alone--simply by changing your choice of drinks (and still eating all your favorite foods)!
· Learn the 12 Secrets the Beverage Industry Doesn't Want You to Know: Want to know what really goes into a shake at Baskin-Robins? What does it mean when your "fruit juice" contains more sugar than actual fruit? Cancer causing hormones in your dairy products? Get the inside scoop on the beverages your consuming.
· Fatten Wallets Instead of Waistlines: Follow quick and easy recipes for beverages that will save you dollars and calories.
David Zinczenko is the Editor-in-Chief of Men's Health magazine and the Editorial Director of Women's Health, as well as the author of New York Times bestsellers Cook This, Not That!, The Abs Diet and The Abs Diet for Women. Once an overweight child, Zinczenko has become one of the nation's leading experts on health and fitness. He is a regular contributor to the Today show and has appeared on Oprah, Good Morning America, Primetime Live, 20/20, The Rachael Ray Show, and The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Matt Goulding is a contributing nutrition editor for Men's Health and a trained chef. He has cooked and eaten his way around the world, touching down in Allentown, Pennsylvania, where he divides most of his time between keyboard and stovetop.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6304187&lang=en