The final agenda for the GOED Exchange 2012 conference has been released by GOED, the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s. The conference, which takes place June 6 to 8 in Boston, boasts a broad array of international speakers and wide-ranging topics from all segments of the omega-3 world. Speakers range from scientists, market experts, industry historians and influential participants of international NGOs.
A full agenda can be downloaded at goedexchange.com, and highlights include:
• The latest market research on omega-3 volumes and product introductions around the world
• Celebrated authors Dr. William Sears and Maria Bailey speaking on communicating with the consumer
• Cartoonist Tom Fishburne leading a hands-on workshop on how to spark innovation within your company
• A look at health claims and omega-3 intake recommendations around the world
• An in-depth look at sustainability issues and future omega-3 sources
• A session focused on China and its ever-evolving omega-3 market
• A lively discussion by former competitors Robert Orr of Ocean Nutrition Canada and Steve Dubin of Martek on the early days of the omega-3 business
• Fathers of omega-3s, Bruce Holub, Nicolas Bazan and Peter Nichols sharing their stories on how it all began
• Out-of-the-box marketing solutions including speaking to millennials, detailing the omega-3 buying process and understanding consumer behavior through ethnographic research
• Innovative up-and-coming niche markets for omega-3s
According to GOED executive director Adam Ismail, "The conference is designed to bring in outside experts to address the challenges facing companies selling EPA and DHA omega-3 products. The caliber of speakers and diversity of topics will allow attendees to leave this conference feeling like they are truly on top of all that’s important in the global omega-3 business."
"And in what we believe is a conference-first in the industry, we will be giving each attendee an Android tablet computer pre-loaded with all the conference materials," said Ismail. "This will enable everyone to have everything they need to know at their fingertips on-site and in the months to come after the conference is over."